2022 National Civic Leadership Forum
September 11, 2022 (Sunday) 5 – 8:30 pm PST
September 12, 2022 (Monday) 9 am – 8:30 pm PST
September 13, 2022 (Tuesday) 9 am – 1:30 pm PST
Venue: Paris Hotel Las Vegas Nevada
Delivery: In-person and pre-recorded delivery via Whova Platform
Main theme: AAPI: The Great Awakening
Purpose & goal: To create a community platform for all AAPI organizations and leaders to interact, to work together, to learn from each other and to build trust so that our community will be strong via UNITY.
Basis: The 2022 NCLF in-person conference belongs to our diverse multi-cultural groups covering seven or more ethnicities that provided the content and delivery of the event sessions.
- Learning opportunities: Keynotes from bipartisan Political Leaders, Community Activists, & Promising Young Leaders
- Networking opportunities with leaders from multicultural ethnic groups through in person interactions.
- Learning sessions include diverse disciplines: political and civic activism & engagements, social and academic contributions, media and communication, cultural and inclusiveness, financial sustainability, lobbying, collaboration among civic organizations, etc
- Awards Recognition for Civic Leaders Public Service Leaders, Philanthropists, and Young Leaders
- Multicultural entertainment and Bollywood dancing
- Open Registration
Who Should Attend:
- Political and Community leaders & Promising Young Leaders
- Leaders who are interested to make an impact in our society
- Leaders who are interested in developing a political career
Program schedule: (Working agenda)
2022 AAUC Award Criteria & Nomination:
1. The Asian American Unity Coalition (AAUC) is seeking nominations of individuals and/or organizations from Asian Pacific Islanders living in the United States in the following categories:
- Dilip Singh Saund Award for Political Leadership
- Norman Mineta Award for Public Service
- Outstanding Community Service Award
- Asian American Philanthropist of the Year
AAUC will honor the awardees at the Awards Banquet on the second day (Sept. 12th, 2022) of the national Civic Leadership Forum (NCLF) being scheduled to be held at the Paris Las Vegas Hotel and Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada.
2. Nominations are also being sought for a “President’s Award for Young Asian American Person of the Year.” The nominee must have demonstrated accomplishments in his/her professional field or in starting up a new business venture or recognized for social/community service.
3. The award recipients must be present at the Awards Banquet to receive the award.
4. Self-nomination is allowed. Nomination forms provided must be received, no later than July 31, 2022. The winners will be selected by a unanimous decision of the Awards Committee.
5. For any issue regarding the nomination and selection process, the decision of the AAUC Award Committee will be final.
6. AAUC is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. It serves as a non-partisan, secular, civic and community service organization – promoting national advocacy, civic leadership and contributions of Asian Americans through community programs, forums and events. It seeks to strengthen partnerships with all Asian and Pacific American communities and create an ongoing dialogue with other communities.
AAUC is proposing to host a half day youth program prior to the regular 2022 National Civic Leadership Forum (2022 NCLF) from 9 am – 3 pm on September 11 at the Paris Hotel & Casino base on securing significant interests and ownership from AAPI youth groups.
The purpose of the Youth Program is to provide an opportunity for our AAPI youth leaders to organize, work, coordinate and form networks with youth of other AAPI ethnicities on a civic leadership program.
AAUC is calling for 5-8 youth leaders of all AAPI ethnicities to lead and organize the 2022 NCLF Youth Program. They will be given a budget to organize the event. They have the responsibility to design and coordinate the program under the main theme of the 2022 NCLF: “AAPI – the Great Awakening”. The program should attract youths from as diverse a community as possible with a target attendance of 50+ youths.
Those interested should contact Khanh Tran (he/him/his) firstname.lastname@example.org the coordinator of this youth program ASAP before July 23, 2022.